Latest News about the US Powerball
Starting from April 8, 2020, some temporary measures were put in place by the US Powerball as to continue offering its regular draws, and most importantly to be able to continue sustaining good causes. Therefore, there are no more minimum jackpot nor a minimum amount for the rollovers. The rollovers are now influenced by game sales and interest rates.
The last Jackpot to date was scooped by a player from New York who matched the winning numbers 10-17-31-51-53 and the
Powerball 01 for the draw on September 16. This win amounted to $94 Million! Before that, a
beautiful $169 Million jackpot was scooped on August 12, by a lucky player from Florida who matched the 5 main numbers 02-06-18-36-37 and the Powerball 21.
The Powerball lottery made a good number of millionaires in 2019, delivering some jaw-dropping jackpots. The last one, worth $150 million, was scooped on November 2, 2019 by a lucky ticket holder from California. Before that, on September 21, 2019, Phillip Chippewa, a 54-year-old grandfather from Michigan, came forward to claim a $80 million jackpot. David Yax of North Evans was the sole winner of another $80 million jackpot Powerball displayed on the draw of September 4, 2019.
All About the US Powerball Jackpot
The US Powerball jackpot used to start at $40,000,000. This rule was temporarily changed due to the crises caused by the global corona virus pandemic. Since April 8th, guaranteed starting jackpot amounts and minimum jackpot increases have been eliminated. The rules to win the jackpot remain the same: you have to get all five of the main numbers, as well as the Powerball number. Every time there is no jackpot winner, the top prize rolls over to the next draw. If previously, there was a minimum of $10 million added to the jackpot, now the top prize is calculated based on game sales and interest rates.
Foreign lotteries rules for playing through an intermediary
- The intermediary company has special software that collects all ticket providers and current customer orders into 1 system.
- The reseller receives daily ticket orders from intermediary’s customers.
- He copies every order from the program, enters customers’ numbers into his lottery terminal and receives a ticket.
- Then he scans the tickets and loads pictures into the program. The originals are put in a safe.
- Tickets’ scans are automatically sent to customers.
- After the draw, the distributor cashes the winnings and transfers it via bank payment to the intermediary company. And intermediary distributes winning to customers.
- For its services, the distributor receives about 10 cents per ticket, plus 10-20% from lottery organizer.
- The intermediary company, on whose website you can place an order, earns on reselling tickets 2-3 times more expensive. But they do not take commissions from the amount of the gain and bear the costs of organizing the entire process.
- A very expensive license (usually from the British Gaming Commission) guarantees honest game for all participants.
- All winnings, including the jackpot, will be transferred to the player’s bank account (no need to go to the country of the lottery drawing).
Businessmen from Europe and USA understood a long time ago, that working honestly can earn more in the medium and long term.